Geotags your image files as you shoot!
The Precision Design GP-1 GPS Geotag Unit is designed for select models of Nikon and Fujifilm FinePix DSLR cameras. It acquires longitude, latitude, elevation (altitude), and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) information, and via the camera connecting cable, embeds it into to the metadata header (EXIF data) of an image file at the time of exposure.
This information may also be immediately viewed on the “GPS Data” page (automatically created for all images which have been taken with the GP-1 enabled) when reviewing your images on your camera’s LCD. In addition, when these images are due to this fact uploaded to more than a few photo sharing sites (e.g. Nikon’s my Picturetown) or opened in more than a few imaging programs (e.g. Nikon View NX), the location may also be displayed by online map services and products (e.g. Google Earth).
The Precision Design GP-1 includes two connector cables (N1 & N3) that allow the GPS unit to be used with various Nikon SLR cameras. It also comes with a bonus remote release cord that allows the user to fire the camera’s shutter up to 3 feet (approx. 1m) away from the camera. It can significantly reduce camera shake to provide sharper images, especially when the use of telephoto lenses, shooting close-ups and when long exposures are required.
• Perfect for Nature Scientists; Photojournalists; Private Investigators; Real Estate Agents; Surveillance and Security Personnel; Trip Agents, Journalists, and Photographers; in addition to all Photo Enthusiasts who want a record embedded in the image data of where and when a photo was once taken
• Geotags your image files as you shoot
• Draws power from camera body battery – no separate batteries or charging needed
• Indicator confirms when signal is available
• Same features and functionality as the Nikon GP-1 – but also includes bonus remote shutter-release cord
Geotags your image files as you shoot
Draws power from camera body battery – no separate batteries or charging needed
Indicator confirms when signal is available
Compatible with most Nikon DSLR cameras, Same features and functionality as the Nikon GP-1, but also includes handy remote release cord.
Compatible with Nikon D7100, D7000, D5300, D5200, D5100, D3300, D3200, D3100, D800, D610, D4s, D4 DSLR Cameras